Monday, September 6, 2010

Organic Panic


I laughed at the pottery man in his field,
eating his orange and eating the peel.
"Hey!" I hollered, "why do you eat that?!"
"It's full of the good stuff, you just cannot beat that!"

"O yeah?" I countered, now ready to battle,
"I eat the meat straight out of the cattle!"
"I drink the drink straight out of the ocean!"
"I suck the peaches from peachy-handlotion!"

The Potter's cheeks reddened, I knew I had won,
That's when he shook his head and said to me, "Son...
Your unhealthy eating will soon backfire,
switch to organic, you'll see I'm no liar."

Never before had it ever occurred,
Me, unhealthy?! Absolutely absurd!
But somehow the look in the Potter man's eye,
made me believe I was going to die.

Now, I eat raisins and eggplant and onions,
barley, and beans, and sheep by the dozens.
Thanks Potter man, your words keep me alive.
I just had my birthday, I'm one hundred and five.

No comments: